Palace Royal Museum-1992
Lembaga Muzium Negeri Sembilan,
Taman Seni Budaya,
Jalan Sungai Ujong,
Telephone: 06-763 1149
Fax: 06-761 5355
Opening Hours: Daily 09.30 to 18.00 hrs.
Closed Thur. From 13.00, Fri. 12.00 to 14.50 hrs. Hari Raya Puasa and Hari Raya Haji.
Admision : Free
rich traditions go back a long way. One of these has been manifested in the
construction of the Sri Menanti Palace in Sri Menanti. Built at the turn of this century to
replace an older palace which was burnt down, this uniquely constructed palace has now become a
tourist attraction after it was turned into a Royal Museum in 1992.
The Sri Menanti
Palace was the official residence of the royal family until 1931 when it was
found to be inadequate for the growing functions of the state. Designed by two local craftsmen
and carpenters, "Tukang Kahar" and "Tukang Taib", the wooden palace or "Istana Lama" (old
palace), which was completed in about six years in 1908, was built without the aid of any nails
or screws. The palace, which features 99 magnificent pillars to denote 99 warriors of various
"Juak" or clans, is often the subject of study and research among students of architecture.
Source: Tourism Malaysia Brochure on Negri Sembilan
Collection/display: Royal artifacts
Services: Guided tour (by appointment).
Facilities in the Museum: SHOP MEALS/SNACKS/DRINKS CAR PARKSHOP