Sabah State Mosque
Monday to Thursday : From 8.00 AM to 11.00 AM & From 2.00 PM to 4.30 PM
Friday : From 8.00 AM to 10.30 AM & From 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM
Saturday & Sunday : From 8.00 AM to 11.00 AM & From 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM
One of the most outstanding pieces of architecture in Sabah is none other than the State Mosque. With its majestic dome and stunning gold inlay motifs, the mosque sits a stone's throw away from the city centre. It is a unique combination of prevailing Islamic architecture and contemporary design.
The mosque can accommodate up to 5,000 worshippers at one time. There is also a special balcony exclusively allocated for Muslim women during prayer time, with room for up to 500. Visitors are advised to adhere by the dress code when visiting places of worship. Avoid visiting on Fridays which is the day of prayer for Muslims.
General Rules while at the Mosque:
1. All tourist are required to enter from the front entrance or the main entrance (not at the back or side door) for safety of their belongings.
2. Tourists / Tourist guides must report to the Security Officer/Information Officer prior to entering the mosque. Tourists are NOT allowed to enter the mosque without permission from the officers mentioned above.
3. All tourists / tourist guide must be properly dressed ie. no short pants for male.
4. For the female, they are required to wear robes and head scarf.
5. All shoes must be removed and left on the stair case in front of a security guard.
6. Tourists are required to be silence at the mosque.
View Larger Map
Kota Kinabalu airport-2.0 km
Sabah Airport-1.4 km
KK Airport-2.6 km
Kota Kinabalu Railway Station-2.8 km
Hotel to Tanjung Aru Railway Station-2.2 km
Kinarut Railway Station-15.3 km
Papar Railway Station-29.0 km
Local Bus Station-1.4 km
Long Distance Bus Station-2.5 km
Out of Town-Bus & Taxi Station-2.7 km
Beverly Hotel Kota Kinabalu-1.2 km
Hotel Pacific Sutera-1.2 km
Sutera Harbour Hotel-1.1 km
Pacific Sutera Hotel-1.4 km
New Hotel at Jesselton Mall-1.2 km
Salut Seafood Restaurant-1.0 km
Tam Nak Thai Restaurant-1.6 km
Oceans Seafood Restaurant-1.6 km
Mesilau restaurant-1.5 km
Luyang Restaurant-1.9 km
Swimming Pool & Restaurant in Seapark Condotel-2.0 km
Seafood Restaurant-2.1 km
Kota Kinabalu - Ocean Sea Food Restaurant-1.6 km