Kampung Hulu Melaka Mosque
Jalan Kampung Hulu
Malacca 75200 Malaysia.
Telephone: 60 6 283 6538
Opening Hours: 8a-6p
If you’ve been in Kampung Kling Mosque, then you should be in Kampung Hulu Mosque as well. This mosque is regarded as one of the oldest mosque in the country as it was built during the early 1700s. The mosque is built by Dato’ Shamsudin, a prominent leader of Melaka during his time.
What makes this mosque special is the uniqueness of the architecture offering some of the most unique sights of Melaka. Although you might say that Kampung Kling Mosque looks almost the same as Kampung Hulul Mosque, the Kampung Hulu Mosque is proud to be different. Its pyramid like roof can’t be compared to anything. There’s also a minaret independent of the structure which is quiet rare in mosques.
Tourists can visit the mosque provided they dress appropriately. Tourists are also likely not allowed to enter the mosque during special times of prayer. Visiting the mosque is among the recommended activities in Melaka to understand Malaysia’s culture and special architecture.
View Larger Map
1. Malacca Airport : (N.A)
2. Malacca Apartment : Laksamana Cheng Ho... (1.36 km)
3. Malacca Bank : OCBC Bank (Melaka) (0.51 km)
4. Malacca Bar : Sunshine Bar (2.43 km)
5. Malacca Building : Wisma Persekutuan ... (0.29 km)
6. Malacca Embassy : (N.A)
7. Malacca Goverments : Wisma Persekutuan ... (0.29 km)
8. Malacca Hotel : The Metropole Hote... (0.46 km)
9. Malacca Mosque : Kampung Kling Mosq... (0.26 km)
10. Malacca Monorail : (N.A)
11. Malacca Cinema : (N.A)
12. Malacca Restaurant : Medan Samudra (0.82 km)
13. Malacca Shopping : Hang Tuah Plaza (0.39 km)
14. Malacca Spa : (N.A)